The Royal Veterinary College is the largest and longest-established vet school in the English-speaking world and is a college of the University of London.
The College offers undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes in veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing and is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally for biosciences.
Schools Outreach at the RVC aims to provide opportunities for disadvantaged and under-represented pupils to experience higher education. They prioritise secondary schools, however they recognise the benefit of careers advice at younger ages and they are able to allocate a limited number of primary sessions per term. Activities include:
- Afternoon Anatomy (Years 6-12)
- KS3 Vet Science Skills (Years 7-9)
- Biology masterclass (Year 12)
- Elements of Veterinary Science - Chemistry focus (Years 10-13)
- Assemblies and Careers Fairs at schools
- School Pet health (all ages)
- Student shadowing
- Junior Vet Club
- Teen Vet Club
- Outreach Teacher Network
- East and Summer Schools