Focus of event
- To provide colleagues with the opportunity to benefit from a series of training sessions, through the year, designed to raise awareness and understanding of how to deliver excellent information, advice and guidance to learners.
How it will aid progression
- It’s important that members of staff who work with learners every day, such as teachers and tutors, are knowledgeable and well informed about higher education and the application process.
- Students will turn to their subject teachers and form tutors, as well as the designated HE and careers coordinator, for advice about university and higher education. Therefore it’s important that these colleagues have up-to-date knowledge and that gaps in their knowledge are tackled through training.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Survey staff at your school/college, to find out about gaps in knowledge and ideas for a CPD programme throughout the school year.
- Use results from the survey to put in place a programme of CPD training events for staff across the school/college.
- Aim to have 3 events per year.
- Contact a range of universities to discuss with them the different ways to deliver training to staff and how they can support this.