Focus of event
- To provide up-to-date training and information on UCAS, changes to the UCAS application system, including the UCAS tariff and changes made to it.
- This is vital training, not just for HE and careers advisors, but for subject teachers, form tutors and heads of year, because students will look to a range of different staff members for advice on applying.
- Use your survey on teacher CPD to focus on key areas that staff feel least confident with.
How it will aid progression
- Provide UCAS training for all staff who work with KS5 students, supports a whole school approach to successful admissions to higher education for your students.
- Equip staff to be well informed and confident with the application system, meaning that students can approach them for support, with confidence, knowing that the advice they are receiving is correct and up-to-date.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Many university outreach teams are able to provide impartial advice on applications and admissions, however we also suggest that you research what support UCAS can also provide.
- Networks such as Linking London, Aimhigher London South and AccessHE, are also able to help their members to access support from and about UCAS.
- Make sure that you research and plan this event early in the year, as events for this kind of specific training, often get booked up early and the summer is a busy time for university outreach teams.