Focus of event
- Many universities host Spring Schools, often during the Spring Half Term. While they are often for Year 12 students, there are many organised for Year 10 as well.
- They can be subject specific or focus on more general aspects to do with university life and their future studies.
How it will aid progression
- If the activity is hosted on campus, the students are given the opportunity to experience first-hand what it is like to be at university
- Students are encouraged to consider their options after GCSE (or equivalent) and discover the broad range of subjects which can be studied at higher education.
- It gives them the chance to ask current university students about their experiences.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Try to find out about Spring Schools delivered by local universities as well those delivered further afield.
- Make a note of when the application deadlines are, and make sure your students get their applications in on time.
- Don’t forget: some Spring Schools will be residential and others will be non-residential.
- Keep an eye on the HE in London Activies Section for what our partner HEIs provide.