Focus of event
- Raising attainment by supporting students’ revision activities.
- Combining revision, study skills support and training with raising awareness about higher education.
- Working with a higher education provider to provide academic support with subject specific revision and study skills for your students.
How it will aid progression
- Aids academic progression by providing structured support for revision.
- Extends their learning and critical thinking during revision by engaging with university student ambassadors and academics.
- Encourages students to think about what they would like to do after their level 3 qualifications – provides a welcome chance to look ahead to after the exams.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Get in touch with universities at the start of the academic year to explain that you would like to run an HE activity for your Year 11s that coincides with, and supports, the start of the revision period at the end of the Spring Term.
- Make sure you discuss lots of options with the WP team at the university, including involving ambassadors, tutors and academics. Remember: if you don’t ask, you won’t know what’s possible.
- Consider breaking them up into subject fields. Talk with the university about delivering sessions by faculty or subject area.