Focus of event
- To provide opportunities for teachers to listen to key note speakers, meet staff from HE outreach and admissions, attend workshops, network with colleagues from different sectors, and find out about the outreach and widening participation opportunities offered by universities.
How it will aid progression
- The opportunity for teachers and adviser to attend conferences, specifically designed to help make them better informed about the student experience, applications, personal statements, HE policy and much more, allows staff to become knowledgeable and better connected, in order to give their students the best advice possible. It’s also a great opportunity for teachers and advisers to meet with colleagues to share tips and suggestions, which you can bring back to your school/college.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Keep a look out for the conferences being advertised during the summer term and make sure you sign up to mailing lists with university outreach and admissions teams.
- Also keep an eye on the HE in London News and Activities section of the website.
- Most of these conferences are hosted by universities, but this year there were a few that were organised and hosted by schools and/or educational charities. You could consider whether this is something that your school/college would be interested in getting involved in, either on your own or in collaboration with other schools/colleges or the local authority.