Focus of event
- Collate and communicate information about the different events, activities and opportunities offered to students and their parents/carers, to help them make the right decisions about HE and apply successfully.
How it will aid progression
- Carefully planned communications will aid progression by making sure that your students and their parents/carers are aware of the many different opportunities available to them.
- By providing students with the information they can use to apply for a summer school or other event, they are empowered to find out more about university and make well-informed decisions.
Delivery suggestions and advice
- Different schools and colleges send out information about open days and other events in different ways. We spoke to a number of teachers, who all differ in how they do this.
- We recommend that communication is kept as regular as possible, that it’s easy to read and to access for students who might not check their emails too often, and that you send it to students’ parents/carers as well.